Women in STEM Scholarship
- In 2019 and 2021, Zonta International was pleased to support the Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarships to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities, and leadership roles in information technology. In June 2022, the Zonta International membership voted to continue the program with an expanded focus on all STEM fields, not only technology. With this change, the Zonta International Board approved a name change and will offer the Zonta International Women in STEM Scholarship for the third cycle of the scholarship program.
- The program operates at the Zonta club, district/region, and international levels. Each Zonta district/region may submit one applicant for consideration for an international scholarship. A single candidate from each of Zonta’s 31 districts and one region will receive an award of US$5,000 from Zonta International.
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- According to Women in Aerospace, in 2010, roughly 10 percent of the aerospace industry was made up of women. Zonta International established the Amelia Earhart Fellowship in 1938 in honor of legendary pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. Today, the Fellowship of US$10,000 is awarded annually to 35 talented women, pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering around the globe. This Fellowship is only offered at the International level.
- Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree, who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-related sciences or aerospace-related engineering, are eligible and encouraged to apply. For a full list of the eligibility and application requirements, please refer to the application on Zonta website.
Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- To encourage more women to pursue education and careers in business, Zonta International established the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship. Twelve (12) international scholarships of US$7,000 each and up to 32 district/region scholarships of US$1,000 each are awarded each year. The Zonta Club of Austin gives a local scholarship and our winner is then eligible at the district contest.
- Women of any age, pursuing an accredited business or business-related program who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible and encouraged to apply. For a full list of the eligibility and application requirements, check on the Zonta website.
Young Women in Public Affairs Award
- The Award recognizes young women, ages 16-19, who demonstrate superior leadership skills and a commitment to public service and civic causes, and encourages them to continue their participation in public and political life. For a full list of the eligibility and application requirements, please refer to the application. Ten (10) international scholarships of US$4,000 each and up to 32 district/region scholarships of US$1,000 each are awarded each year. The Zonta Club of Austin gives a scholarship also with our winner moving on to District.
- Since the program’s inception, Zonta has given 804 awards (includes international awards), totaling US$764,750 to 692 young women representing 54 countries.
Applications received by Zonta clubs: Contact local club for deadline.
Club recipient is selected and application is received by governor/region representative: July/August or deadline determined by district/region
District/region applicant selected and application received by ZI Headquarters: 15 September
Official announcement of international recipients: November
The application process must start with a Zonta club. All application materials must be received at a Zonta club by the deadline printed on the application. If you downloaded the application from the Zonta International website, you must contact a Zonta club for deadline information. If the Zonta club contact information is not printed on the application, please locate the Zonta club nearest you by using the Club Locator, or email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants from geographic areas within a Zonta district/region where no clubs are located will be considered and are eligible to apply for international scholarships via a Zonta district/region.